Between 20 and 25 papers will be selected for development of final papers, which will then be presented at the conference. Authors will be notified of the decision by mid-February 2017. Final papers are due for submission by 30 May 2017.
Abstract submissions should include full contact details of the authors. The flight and accommodation costs of a maximum of 15 presenters will be covered by TIPS (only one presenter per paper will be covered).
The papers for the conference should focus on the following broad topics:
- Pathways to a sustainable economy, including sector-specific studies
- The interplay between industrial policy, trade policy and sustainability
- The financing of the transition (such as climate finance, incentives, fiscal policy)
- Inclusive green growth to address poverty, unemployment and inequality
- The water, energy, food nexus and sustainable growth
- Measures of progress to achieve sustainable growth
- Governance and sustainability
Papers that explore related themes and broadly consider issues of industrial development within the Southern African context will also be considered.